F-22 demo at New Hampshire

Anything goes, as long as it is about the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by edpop » 23 Sep 2021, 08:10

F-22 Demo Team at Thunder Over New Hampshire Air Show
Maj. Joshua Gunderson, F-22 Raptor Demonstration Team commander, performs at the Thunder Over New Hampshire Air Show at Pease Air National Guard Base, N.H., Sept. 11, 2021.
Attachments
F-22 demo.jpg
Vietnam veteran (70th Combat Engineer Battalion)(AnKhe & Pleiku) 1967
Retired from Chrysler Engineering

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sprstdlyscottsmn » 23 Sep 2021, 11:21

that was a great show, my first time seeing the Raptor demo. It is such a big plane!
"Spurts"

-Pilot
-Aerospace Engineer
-Army Medic
-FMS Systems Engineer
-PFD Systems Engineer
-PATRIOT Systems Engineer

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sferrin » 23 Sep 2021, 12:10

sprstdlyscottsmn wrote:that was a great show, my first time seeing the Raptor demo. It is such a big plane!

The first, and only time, I ever saw a Raptor in real life was back in the early '00s. Langley was getting it's runway resurfaced so a bunch of F-22s were TDY to Hill AFB. They hadn't yet put the F-22 on the demo circuit at that time. Anyway the air show was an all-day event and at one point 4 F-22s took off and just... left. 45 min- hour later (long enough for people to forget about them), all four came screaming from the opposite end of the runway in afterburner, right off the deck. LOUD. I barely got my camera out fast enough to catch three of them as they peeled off and up right in front of the crowd. The 4th was already out of frame. Most awesome thing I've ever seen at an airshow. :drool: :drool:

three_raptors.jpg
"There I was. . ."

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by mixelflick » 26 Sep 2021, 15:39

Have seen it many times, each time it gets better and better IMO. It is a big bird, especially when you see it up close. I last saw it next to an F-15C on static display. Other than being slung much lower to the ground, its wing area is HUGE. You can't really appreciate it until you look at it from the back. Absolutely massive. If they call the Eagle the flying tennis court, I'm not sure what the Raptor would be lol.

Not from every angle but certainly some. It really is something to behold..

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by energo » 27 Sep 2021, 02:11

mixelflick wrote:Have seen it many times, each time it gets better and better IMO. It is a big bird, especially when you see it up close. I last saw it next to an F-15C on static display. Other than being slung much lower to the ground, its wing area is HUGE. You can't really appreciate it until you look at it from the back. Absolutely massive. If they call the Eagle the flying tennis court, I'm not sure what the Raptor would be lol.

Not from every angle but certainly some. It really is something to behold..

Interesting interview with F-16 pilot Karl Gruner on the issue of size in WVR fights. Recommend watching the whole show - lots of tidbits on his F-16 and F-111 experiences:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfupxQBIuuw&t=1674s

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by juggernautalpha » 02 Feb 2024, 20:25

Not from New Hampshire but i just wanted to share this

https://youtu.be/7a7hpuUuPxA?si=7kYK3FGhLzEpPRDf

(Sorry I still don’t know how to use the Youtube option)

Did they already replace Cabo? Anyway some of what he said

[quote]The jet will accelerate even at idle,

pulling 9 and a half Gs at low altitude, the jet will accelerate even when pulling 9 and a half Gs

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by steve2267 » 02 Feb 2024, 20:44

Pause the YouTube video at the point where you would like to direct the viewer. Right click on the paused video and select "copy video URL at the current time."

I thought the video was like 30min long. Seeing it is only 3:40 long, I found the following points in time:

"
"The jet will actually accelerate in idle..." https://youtu.be/7a7hpuUuPxA?t=138
"you can pull 9.5g down low and the jet will still accelerate": https://youtu.be/7a7hpuUuPxA?t=148

(Note the "t=xxx" appended to the URL -- is is the time in seconds from the beginning of the video.)

To embed a video in your post, you click on the YouTube button above the text input window of the F-16.net input page. This will insert "_[_youtube_]_[_/youtube_]_" into your text edit window. You then go to your YouTube window and cut everything AFTER the "watch?v=" from the YouTube URL listed in your browser. NOTE, however, that you cannot embed a YouTube video keyed to a specific time stamp or time start. You can only embed the entire enchilada.

So, for example, to embed the above video (from the beginning), in your browser highlight everything AFTER the "watch?v=" which is "7a7hpuUuPxA", click on the YouTube button, and then in between the [YouTube][/YouTube] paste the "7a7hpuUuPxA"

It should look like: _[_youtube_]_7a7hpuUuPxA_[_/youtube_]_ (but without the underscores).

Also, if you reply to this post via the Quote button, you should see the YouTube URL as I have described. Hope this helps.

Take an F-16, stir in A-7, dollop of F-117, gob of F-22, dash of F/A-18, sprinkle with AV-8B, stir well + bake. Whaddya get? F-35.